Dental Bridges Near You
As the name illustrates, restorative dentistry services are performed to repair smiles that have experienced various injuries, including chipped and missing teeth. Regarding the latter, dental bridges are a great treatment to consider receiving, especially if you’re eager to address not just the function but the aesthetic of your smile.
At our local dental practice, our dentist near you provides effective treatment dental bridges. For more information about this particular option, we highly encourage you to give our team a call today.
What are Dental Bridges? What Types are Available?
Dental bridgesare prosthetic structures that are created in a dental lab according to a patient’s unique oral dimensions. It is primarily provided to fill in observable spaces in one’s smile. Generally, porcelain is used to ensure that the bridge seamlessly blends in with your remaining natural teeth; however, certain version of bridges are made from a combination of porcelain and metal.
Depending on your current situation, your dentist in Kingston may advise one of the following dental bridges:
- Traditional – This is the most commonly acquired bridge. Apontic (artificial tooth) fills in the empty space, kept in place by two abutments (dental crowns) that attach to each tooth bordering the gap.
- Cantilever – A Cantilever bridge is a great option if you have a healthy tooth on one side of the gap in your smile. Dentists in Kingston frequently suggest this option to patients who are missing a tooth at the back of their mouth.
- Maryland – This bridge is designed from a combination of porcelain and metal and is often installed to replace teeth that are missing at the front of a patient’s mouth.
- Implant-Supported – Dental implants are surgically installed into the jawbone and act as a firm foundation for the bridge to sit on.
The best type of prosthetic will depend on a few factors including the current state of your oral health, preferences, budget, and what a dentist near you advises. It’s important to arrange a preliminary consultation with a professional before committing to any form of dental work.
Reasons to Get a Dental Bridge
In addition to missing teeth, listed below are some of the many benefits that recipients of dental bridges in Kingston, ON, can experience:
- Restoring your ability to chew and talk
- Helps maintain your facial structure
- Stops your remaining teeth from shifting out of place
- Improves your overall dental hygiene
- Can be customized to meet your unique requirements
- A lasting solution
And, of course, this treatment can increase your personal confidence! You won’t feel anxious or embarrassed anymore; all your friends and family will see is a beautiful smile!
Come into Auden Park Today
Are you eager to gather more information about this restorative service? That’s absolutely no problem! Our dentist in Kingston is here to assist you in any way you need. Please call or send us a message via our website to arrange a time to come in.