Dental Fillings Near You
Over the years, many patients have acquired dental fillings to address unhealthy decay and fragmented tooth structures. This particular treatment is still routinely performed and continues to help individuals regain optimal oral health.
Thanks to modern dental advancements, as a patient, you can tailor your treatment, depending on your preferences, needs, and what a dentist near you advises.
For more information, contact our dental office today!
Looking More Closely at Cavities
Many, if not all of us, have had at least one cavity in our lifetime; it’s quite a normal experience, however, it’s an issue that needs to be fixed in a relatively quick timeframe. Otherwise, your tooth and your overall smile can further deteriorate.
Cavities, which can be treated by a dentist in Kingston, can manifest due to:
- Buildup of bacteria
- Constantly snacking
- Food that is high in sugar and starch
- Giving a baby formula in a bottle before bed
- Not enough fluoride
- Dry mouth
The Stages of the Treatment
Your dentist in Kingston will need to approve you for this service before you can go ahead and have any official work done. They will physically examine your smile and may take x-rays if your tooth is more severely damaged.
Once that’s done, you’ll be ready to go. The steps involved in acquiring a dentist filling are as follows:
- Anesthesia – Before the procedure, the dentist may administer local anesthesia to numb the area around the affected tooth, ensuring that you are comfortable during the treatment.
- Removal of decay – The dentist uses a dental drill or other instruments to remove the decayed portion of the tooth, leaving behind a clean and healthy area.
- Tooth preparation – The dentist shapes the cavity to create a space that will securely hold the filling material.
- Filling placement – Various filling materials can be used, including amalgam (a mixture of metals), composite resin (a tooth-colored material), gold, or porcelain. Composite resin fillings are commonly used as they can blend in with the natural color of the tooth, making them less noticeable.
Last are the finishing touches. Your dentist will make sure that everything looks clean and polished before letting you go.
Call Our Dentist Near You
Do you need a dental filling in Kingston, ON? At Auden Park, we are here to help you fall in love with your smile. Please feel free to contact us to arrange a preliminary consultation session with our dental staff!