Biological Dentistry Near You
It is important to maintain the health of your smile. Why? Because when your teeth, gums, and jawbone are injured, it can impact the health of the rest of your body. So, if you’re experiencing pain, bleeding, or another form of discomfort in your oral cavity, be sure to visit your dentist right away. The sooner you do, the quicker your smile can be remedied, and the better your overall health will be.
What is Biological Dentistry?
Biological or holistic dentistry is a unique area of oral medicine. Unlike general dentistry, which primarily focuses on a patient’s mouth and smile, biological dentists recognize that every system of our body is connected; in other words, when your gums, for example, become infected, this can quickly spread to other areas via your bloodstream. If it is not properly treated, the harm can compound and cause subsequent health problems that may be more difficult to tackle.
These days, receiving biological dentistry in Kingston is becoming more popular. Society is evolving, and oral healthcare must evolve alongside it. If you’re interested in acquiring more information about this branch of care, please reach out to a local dentist nearby.
The key characteristics of biological dentistry services are outlined below. Knowing such facts can help you make educated decisions about your health:
- Takes an active approach to healthcare; the root of the problem is addressed instead of just treating the symptoms.
- Digital imaging is used in favor of conventional x-rays, meaning less radiation.
- No amalgam fillings.
- Electronic pulp testing is used to assess the health of your pulp by emitting a very mild electrical current through the pulp.
- Ozone treatment instead of fluoride to remove bacteria and prevent cavities.
- Do not perform root canal therapy, as this may not eliminate all the bacteria in your tooth.
Looking for Assistance?
At Auden Park Family Dentistry, we can put you in touch with a reliable holistic dentist near you who will be happy to discuss your needs and goals. They will inspect your smile and collaborate with you to determine the most appropriate treatment for your case.
To get started, call, email, or drop by our dental office in person. We are excited to see you!