Dental Crowns Near You
At Auden Park Family Dental, we offer restorative care to patients who have damaged smiles and unhealthy jawbones. If this applies to you, we highly encourage you to consult with our dentist. They will thoroughly evaluate your oral cavity and be able to recommend an appropriate means of treatment.
One popular and worthwhile option is getting a dental crown from a dentist near you. This small cap is customizable and easily remedies the look and function of your tooth. To learn more, reach out to us today.
Why You Should Get a Dental Crown
Your dentist in Kingston can recommend a dental crown for any of the following reasons:
- Preserve a weak tooth
- Repair a broken or cracked tooth
- Protecting a tooth that’s had a root canal
- To support a dental bridge
- Cover up a dental implant
- Refine the appearance of your tooth
Keep in mind that not everyone is an ideal candidate for a dental crown; depending on the degree of injury, your preferences, and your body, your dentist may advise otherwise. Make sure you let them know about any questions or worries you have.
Acquiring a Dental Crown
- Preparation – Impressions of your affected tooth are taken, either digitally or using physical molds, to ensure that the crown fits you. After, you’ll be given local anesthesia; this numbing medication will keep you comfortable while your dentist works.
- Placing the temporary crown – It takes a few weeks for your permanent crown to be made, so you’ll be given a temporary one in the meantime.
- Crown creation – At the lab, the prosthetic is fabricated according to your color choice and the size and shape of your natural tooth. Porcelain, ceramic, silver amalgam, or gold are all materials that can be used.
- Placing the permanent crown – You’ll come back to see your dentist in Kingston and have the permanent crown installed when it’s ready. Dental cement will keep it in place; then any final adjustments are made.
Listen to any guidelines given to you by a dentist near you regarding post-treatment care. Brushing and flossing at least twice a day, eating well, and giving yourself time to heal are all essential measures that will ensure your smile get back to normal.
Visit Our Clinic
Talk to our team of experts today to learn more about dental crowns in Kingston, ON! You deserve a smile that’s as functional as it is flawless, and we can help you with that! Give us a call at (613) 389-0538 today!