SureSmile Orthodontic Aligners Near You
Despite what you may have heard, orthodontic therapy is not exclusive for young adults, or even children. There is no age limit to this treatment and, more importantly, it is never too late to acquire the smile that you’ve been wanting for so long.
One especially great method is getting clear aligners, specifically SureSmile aligners which we offer here at Auden Park. These clear trays are designed to realign your teeth and prevent feelings of self-consciousness. For more information, please reach out to our dentist near you.
What are SureSmile Aligners?
Simply put, SureSmile aligners are a unique type of orthodontic aligners that make use of customized plastic trays. These trays tightly fit over the top and bottom rows of a patient’s smile and exert consistent pressure onto the teeth, which stimulates movement and, by extension, leads to a uniform smile over time. This form of aligner is very similar to Invisalign.
High-grade dental plastic is utilized to create all your aligners since it does not cause any irritation or give rise to advise side effects when patients wear them. It also makes the trays very comfortable and flexible to wear.
Not everyone is a suitable candidate for SureSmile aligners; you must speak with a dentist in Kingston before getting any work done on your teeth; if you’re dealing with severe overcrowding or jaw misalignment, you’ll most likely need to get traditional metal braces.
Steps of the Process
Once you’re given the green light to get SureSmile Aligners from a dentist near you, your treatment can get going. Here are the general steps involved:
- Digital 3D scans of your mouth are made so that your aligners fit you snuggly.
- Once your trays are officially ready, you’ll be given your first pair.
- Based on the treatment plan that you and your dentist develop together, you’ll be expected to wear your present trays for a few weeks before coming back to get an updated pair.
- During routine checkups, your dentist in Kingston will monitor your progress to make sure that everything is going as it should.
- Once you’ve worn all your necessary aligners and your smile has been straightened, your treatment will conclude. As is the case with most patients, you’ll probably be given a retainer to wear at night; this device helps makes sure your teeth stay in their new position.
You must wear your trays for a minimum of 22 hours a day, otherwise, you will not end up with the results you want. Furthermore, the average length of orthodontic treatment can last anywhere between 12 months to 2 years; it all depends on your needs and the degree of alterations your smile requires.
If you have questions or concerns, do let a dentist near you know.
Come See Us at Auden Park Family Dentistry
At our local dental office, our amazing team is here to aid you on your unique orthodontic journey. If you’re interested in receiving SureSmile Orthodontic Aligners in Kingston, ON, we encourage you to call or email us whenever you can! Our dental staff looks forward to guiding you through this process.
Contact us today!