Teeth Whitening Near You
Despite what you may think, having a glowing white smile that you can show off every to your friends is not too much to ask for. In fact, we all deserve to feel confident with our oral appearance, and teeth whitening can help you with that!
Right here at Auden Park, we offer teeth whitening as a reliable, lasting means of cosmetic dentistry. Is this something you’re eager to explore? If so, feel free to reach out to our dentist near you to get started!
How Stain Occur
The main purpose of teeth whitening treatment is to remove discoloration from a patient’s smile. Your teeth can start to look darker and darker over time due to a variety of factors:
- Foods (ex: tomato sauces, curry, strawberries)
- Drinks (ex: red wine, soda, beer, tea, and coffee)
- Oral trauma
- Taking certain medications
- Tobacco (ex: cigarettes, pipes, and chewing it)
Remember: Despite certain lifestyle habits and biological aspects, our teeth are not flawlessly white by nature. Instead, our smiles tend to resemble any shade between a dull white to a yellowish grey.
Don’t be afraid to speak with your dentist in Kingston if you have queries or any worries about the appearance of your teeth. They’ll be happy to help you in any way they can.
Professional Teeth Whitening
Depending on your situation, preferences, what a dentist near you recommends, and your budget, you can go about enhancing your smile in a few different ways.
For one, you can purchase over-the-counter whitening products to use at home like whitening gels, trays, and toothpaste. You can also try more natural discoloration remedies like brushing with a mix of baking soda and toothpaste and rubbing fruit peels on your smile. However, the results obtained from these methods don’t last nearly as long as in-office teeth whitening in Kingston, ON.
While not everyone may be an ideal candidate for this process, it’s important to talk to a professional who can help you make an informed decision.
With that said the process of professional teeth whitening is outlined in detail below:
- Preparation – Your dentist will fully clean your teeth to remove any surface debris and plaque. This ensures that the whitening gel makes direct contact with the teeth, maximizing the effectiveness of the treatment.To protect your gums and lips from the harsh whitening agent, a dental dam or a protective gel is placed on your gums.
- Application – The dentist will apply a professional-strength whitening gel or paste containing hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide to your teeth. These chemicals break down stains and discoloration on and below the tooth’s surface enamel, leading to whiter teeth.
- Activation – In most cases, a special light or laser may be used to activate the whitening agent and enhance its effectiveness. The light helps speed up the chemical reaction of the whitening gel.
- Reapplication – Depending on the severity of the stains, your dentist may need to reapply the whitening gel multiple times during the same appointment.Your dentist will also monitor your teeth and gums to ensure that there are no adverse reactions or excessive sensitivity.
- Completion – Once the desired level of whiteness is achieved, the dentist will remove the whitening gel and rinse your mouth thoroughly to remove any remaining residue.
And there you are! An enchanting new smile, just for you!
Call Us to Get Started
Don’t wait any longer to get the smile you’ve been dreaming of for so long! Contact our dentist in Kingston to set up a time to come in!